Sunday 9 January 2011

Sunday 9th January

Today was the day two major events were occurring in my diary.  The in-laws were finally leaving my house and it was my niece’s Christening.
I have to admit I have been dreading the Christening.  Meeting my sister-in-law’s family for the first time, who I had heard were awful and having to smile whilst trying to entertain my bored children after only five hours sleep.
As it turns out the family were only a little bit vile.  The father is harmless leaving only the mother to hold the trophy for dragon of the year.
As for the children, my youngest was as naughty as expected with little sleep to keep him happy but my husband was on hand leaving me to eat the badly made sandwiches and chewy crisps.
Not the worst ever day in the history of motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment