I know what you are thinking, why don't I do this during the week when the children are at school? This is a fair question but I work part-time and am currently looking for a job which I have realised is a full time job in itself, especially for a "housewife" with no degree who looks on her CV as though she hasn't worked for about 8 years. I have, as a bloody mother!
But I digress. One of my joys is to go to the supermarket and listen to the radio/music through headphones whilst I shop. This ensures that I am completely immersed in my own world whilst I push my (normally broken) trolley.
However, even with headphones in I try to stick to the etiquette rules of Supermarket shopping:
- never leave the trolley in the middle of the aisle whilst you go to grab something off a shelf
- never put the trolley perpendicular to the aisle completely blocking it
- always be as quick as possible when you look for something in a spot so as not to prevent others getting to the same place
- say "excuse me" politely if someone is in the way
- After "saying "excuse me" three times just go past and slightly budge the trolley to make it clear you are pissed off they didn't move out of the bloody way after I was so f***ing polite